Rich in Akron history, Tri-Acres was built in 1913 by C.W. Seiberling (Goodyear co-founder). It is often referred to as the “little sister” to Stan Hywet, built at the same time and utilizing the skills of many of the same artisans. Rescued from plans to tear it down, it was purchased in 1988 and restoration began in 1993 by the present owner.
Tri-Acres is listed on the Department of the Interior as a Historic Landmark due to its architecture for Grand Style Georgian Revival design and prominence of the original owner. The property has been meticulously restored to include ornate ceilings, hand carved exotic hardwood woodwork, grand staircases, a Koi pond and lush landscape.
17,000 SF including lower level and 3 additional stories of 37 rooms and 12 fireplaces.
Open space plan with original Brazilian walnut flooring, hand carved wood details.
Three-story foyer with a grand stair case and custom-made grand entry door.
Over 3 acres of lush landscape and restored koi pond off breath taking sunroom.
Masonry construction with steel girders and slate roof.
Fully updated kitchen on second floor.
Updated HVAC system, plumbing and electric.
A distinctive property that can be used as a commercial office, residence or both. Close to Highland Square offering restaurants, grocery store and café, banks, pharmacy and numerous other services Minutes to downtown Akron and a 45 minute drive to downtown Cleveland Jointly marketed with CBRE Inc.
Buyer to verify residential usage.